Friday 4 November 2011

Boku wa imouto ni koi wo suru


My first reaction when my teenage daughter asked to buy this DVD, like almost parents would say ; “ ohhhh, No the title is too disgusting, no way young lady, you won’t watch this film”.
But she pleaded again and again, : “It’sMatsujun , Mom “ Then I said, “ OK, but we will watch it together !”
Late at night we watched the film together but I ended up sleeping soundly before the film was over.That's what happened a year ago, before I craft with Matsujun drama.



Now after I watched Hana Yori Dango, I watch again this film. This time I watch it 5 times ,even. And It is not enough , I search in youtube then I found the Anime. Hmmm,it’s really interesting; Jun acts quiet well although there is something bothering me, the way Jun walk; The way Jun walk is a happy guy way walk, but Yori is a solemn complicated young man. The way he falls in love deeply with his twin sister isn’t something usual. Jun acts a little bit too casual.,although I like his trouble look and his sharp eyes. Enough with Jun, now it’s Nana Eikura, I don’t know how Nana interpret the character of Iku, I feel that she changes the original character of Iku. If Jun should be a little bit more solemn the opposite of Nana , she is too solemn. The character of Iku is a cheerful, simple young girl.


If in the movie, the first narrator is Iku who falls in love with her twin brother but in anime….it’s starting with Yori who tries hard not to fall in love with her twin sister. I feel in anime, the character of Yori is more heart broken. He pretends to be cold and harsh against his sister but he ends up unable to control his inner feeling. I was a little bit disappointed, actually I really hope Jun will show this acting; and I am sure he will be very good. But the movie script is very different from the anime.


In anime Yori has a girl friend first, Tomoko, before he confess his feeling to Iku, but in the movie is the opposite. The ending, I like both ending although they are completely different.
In short actually, I judge the film from it’s title lol…..this is a wonderful story about forbidden love. It is more beautiful because both Iku and Yori aware of their mistake, it is more painful because they finally choose the best when it is not the best for them. It’s the best decision for the family, society even God perhaps…..but it’s hell for them….and that’s way it is beautiful. Love accompany with tears is the purest feeling that God sent to earth…..



No comments:

Post a Comment